Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Madelyn!!!!!

My sweet baby girl turned one yesterday.  My heart hurts.  I don't want her to grow up.  She is such an amazing little girl!
I made her cake.  First, I was going to do Mickey Mouse for her cake.  I was too scared.  Then, I was going to do a lady bug.  How hard is that, right?  Round cake, purple icing and strawberries for the spots.  Unless, you try to take the cake out of the pan while it's hot and get this:
(That's the cake upside down and the bottom of it in the pan *sad face*)
So frustrating and like an hour before her party.  I should have made it the night before, but I was worried it wouldn't taste good.  
Her smash cake turned out a little bit better.
What in the world is that?  lol

Happy Girl!


Trying to grab Frankie

Mmmmm  Strawberries! 







Please ignore me in the next few pictures!



Sitting with her buddy, Tim and daddy.

Playing before the cake and presents.
Helping Daddy put together the BBQ

Standing with Grandma, watching the boys play







It was a fun afternoon.  After the cake and presents, everybody played Yahtzee.  Grandma (Frank's mom) leaves tomorrow and flies out of LA.  We are going to go to the beach and play.  It should be lots of fun.  We'll see how crowded it will be.
Have a great 4th!  Please be careful!

7 comments:

  1. hooray for birthdays!!
    looks like so much fun!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Make her stop right now! I can't believe she is a yer old. So darned precious in every way, just like her mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Holly mentioned you the other day. Something cute you'd done or said. She's a hoot isn't she! Happy year, baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, hapy bday to your baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, how did I miss this post? I have been sick, so maybe that is why. Not much blogging. I can't believe she is one already!!! Such a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete