Ignore the mess on top of the fridge.
Friday, January 7, 2011
What to do?
What should I do with the top of my cabinets? It's so plain. . . so blah. I have a really cute border that I bought when we were remodeling, but my dumb butt went and textured above the cabinets. The only way to put the border up is to sand down the texture (I made it really thick. Oops). I have some cute farm plates that were Frank's dad's. They are about 6 inches tall. I could hang them on the wall up there, but they seem a little small to put up there. I also saw some really cute milk cans at Hobby Lobby, but can't bring myself to buy them. Well, I could, but the hubby might be a little peeved. HeHe. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I vote for plates. Or maybe baskets. Check out this blog post: http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2009/01/above-cabinets.html
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!!! I think I may do the plates.
ReplyDeleteI wish that I had space above mine like that I have a large collection of mason jars and old milk bottles that I wish I could display in my country kitchen! Have fun with it!
ReplyDeleteYou can send them here and I could put those up. lol J/k
ReplyDeleteThe space above my cabinets is still empty, too! Let me know if you find something great for it!
ReplyDeleteI just put knick knacks on top of mine. My kitchen is sort of "Cafe" themed. So, I had a teapot, french press, big jar of coffee beans, and a jar of chocolate milk powder. Also, a small metal decorative shopping cart. Kind of a few random items. I am still looking for a giant coffee/tea mug to put up there too.
ReplyDeleteI have Mason jars a-plenty around here, my great grandparents owned this house at one time and left a TON in the basement. Grossly some of them still have food from at least 30 years ago...I'm to scared to touch them for fear of them breaking open:)
ReplyDeleteTruly, I have no idea! Maybe add your favorite accessories or something. Idk! Not the one to ask! But I hope you find somethin!
ReplyDeleteabove my units i have some fun tubs that i keep my baking stuff in, extra place settings and medicines. above the other one i have a set of glasses that i like but rarely use and (altho i'm sure there's probably some lurkers up there too if i got up and looked!) some vases that look kinda good :)
ReplyDeleteWhen we were house hunting, I told my husband I wanted kitchen cabinets like yours so I could collect wine bottles and put them on top with some green vines around them. I ended up with a bulkhead, so no wine bottles for me. I can't wait to see what you end up doing!
ReplyDelete